AmplifyRP® Acceler8® for GRBaV
Test Label: Biotin labeled primer / FITC probe
Test Format: AmplifyRP® Acceler8®
AmplifyRP® Acceler8® for GRBaV is a rapid DNA amplification and detection platform designed for field-based or laboratory testing of grapevine cultivars for Grapevine red blotch-associated virus.
GRBaV is an emerging threat to the grapevine industry. Depending on the grapevine cultivar, symptoms of the pathogen can vary. It can affect the profitability of vineyards by substantially reducing fruit quality and ripening according to an article in Phytopathology (Sudarshana et al, 2015). AmplifyRP for GRBaV is an excellent tool for monitoring of the pathogen to verify symptoms or to screen propagation material.
AmplifyRP® Acceler8® enables users to rapidly amplify GRBaV DNA at a single operating temperature using only a crude sample extract. Amplified product is then tested in an Amplicon Detection Chamber where clear "yes / no" results are read visually on a lateral flow strip (much like a pregnancy test). The entire testing process can be completed in as little as 30 minutes by users of any skill level.
- Assay Sensitivity: 100 fg of total plant DNA per reaction.
- Assay Specificity: Tested against, and shown not to cross-react with ArMV, B. cinerea, GFLV, GLRaV-1, GLRaV-2, GLRaV-3, GLRaV-5, GFkV, ToRSV, TRSV and Xf.
- Acceler8® reaction pellets (8)
- Amplicon detection chambers (8)
- PD1 Pellet diluent (1.0 ml)
- GEB2 sample extraction bags (8)
- 1µl transfer loops (10)
- User Guide
NOTE: First time users of AmplifyRP® Acceler8® technology will need to purchase a starter pack that includes necessary equipment to perform assays. See related items for more details.